The minimal membership criteria are as follows:
- The individual must be recognized by his or her peers in the immediate area as having a profitable, ethical, well-managed practice known to provide high quality veterinary medical services.
- Be owner or managing partner in the practice they represent.
- Be currently active in the practice with leadership experience as a principal manager.
- The geographical location of the practice market area must not coincide with or overlap any current member of the VMG under consideration.
The obligations of each member are as follows:
- Collect and report data periodically utilizing accrual accounting methods and a standard chart of accounts.
- Attend required biannual meetings.
- Respect and adhere to the confidentiality requirements.
- Commit to the success of the study group and an open exchange of ideas and sharing "best practices".
Veterinary Study Groups, Inc. is quite proud of our individual members and firmly believe they represent the "best of the best" in our profession.